Money Saving Auto Insurance Tips – Part Two
Article by Barclay Win
There are many ways to save money with your auto insurance and it is worth exploring every option out there. Auto insurance is a good place to look for savings because almost every state requires car owners to carry at least a minimum level of auto insurance for each vehicle they own. Auto insurance is required by law so you should take the time to compare auto insurance rates and find the best possible policy for your car insurance needs.
The single best way to save money with auto insurance is to shop around. Compare auto insurance quotes – this advice might sound simple, but it is the simplest way to find the best possible auto insurance rate. Get at least three auto insurance quotes to compare and make certain you are comparing similar policies.
Here are five additional tips for saving money with your auto insurance.
1. Having a good driving record can save you considerable amounts of money with your auto insurance. Almost all auto insurance providers offer safe driver discounts, and often the longer your driving record remains clean the higher discount offered on your car insurance. In addition you can take defensive driving – as long as it’s not because of a ticket – and receive additional safe driving auto insurance discounts.
2. Did you know your credit rating can affect your auto insurance rate? It can be depending on the rules in your state, so work toward maintaining a clean credit rating. Also check with your auto insurance provider to find out just how much your credit score factors into your car insurance rate.
3. Bundling your auto insurance with your home insurance or other types of insurance will almost always provide a discount on your entire insurance package. Even if you find auto insurance from a different provider than your home insurance that is less expensive than a bundled package, make sure you look into the extra benefits you may be offered when buying auto insurance and home insurance from the same insurance provider. Very often you will be offered more than a simple discount when buying all your insurance from one provider.
4. What is your occupation? Did you know if you are employed in certain occupations, such as engineers, educators or scientists, you may be eligible for an auto insurance discount. Check with your car insurance provider to find out if you quality for an occupational discount.
5. If you don’t drive very much, shop around for an insurance provider that offers low-mileage discount programs.
About the Author
Compare Insurance Quotes/Plans Online – FREE Multiple Competing Insurance Quotes For Car/Auto Insurance, Home Insurance Plans, Compare Life Insurance, Health Insurance And Renters Insurance Quotes. Provides Insurance Quotes Comparison Facilities for Car Insurance, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance and Renters Insurance at – www.wecompareinsurance.com
Use and distribution of this article is subject to our Publisher Guidelines
whereby the original author’s information and copyright must be included.
Related Money Savings Articles